The 3arabi Impact Initiative by HAAA aims at identifying and supporting implementation of projects that impact the Arab world, regardless of sector or country, including social enterprises, NGOs, stand-alone initiatives, and projects spearheaded by alumni as part of their daily jobs.
HAAA aims to provide a platform for Harvard alumni, Harvard students and members of the non Harvard community to share their initiatives and create opportunities to mobilize support from Harvard alumni, students and relevant stakeholders to implement initiatives that are most liked by the wider community.
Three innovative finalists will be matched each with an advisory group comprised of representatives from public sector, private sector and international development organizations who will provide mentorship, and support to facilitate the implementation of the project. The innovator will develop with the advisory group a concrete action plan to take their initiative to the next level – through investment, commercialization, scale up, team-building, strategic partnerships, or other aspects that are appropriate for the initiative. The projects will be presented to the audience in a dedicated, interactive session of HAWC. Milestones will be presented during the Arab Conference at Harvard (ACH) which will take place in the spring of 2020
- Anyone may apply, although preference may be granted to Harvard students or alumni
- Project need to impact the Arab World and be implemented in the region
- Applicants may be individuals or groups.
- The innovation is feasible and could be implemented
- The Innovator or a member of his/her organization or group need to be based in the Arab World or willing to relocate to region to implement the project
- The innovator or innovation team will be committed to work with advisors during the period of June-October 2019 to further develop the concept or program
- The innovator or team member will be available to join HAWC